Amplifying youth voice and agency
The Youth Empowerment Circle
LearningPlanet, CAP-2030, and Catalyst 2030 launched the Youth Empowerment Circle (YEC) in May 2021, with the shared goal of supporting inspirational youth changemakers and initiatives. Soon after, the Francophone Youth Empowerment Circle was created, in partnership with Ashoka France, CAP-2030 and La Ville de Paris.
Young individuals are an essential component of the LearningPlanet Alliance. They are connected to emblematic partner events, training opportunities and also connect with fellow engaged youth.
Our Youth Empowerment pillar has been reinforced with the creation of:
– The Youth Council, in which 18 elected changemakers act as leaders and take on strategic decisions of the Circle on health, sustainability, rights, and education.
– The LearningPlanet Youth Fellows, a community of inspiring young individuals from around the world. The next recruitment campaign for further Youth Fellows will take place between April-May 2022.
– Youth Organisations that are engaged in collaborative actions to support young gamechangers across youth learning, rights, sustainability and health.
Become a LearningPlanet Youth Fellow!
Your work deserves to be highlighted and amplified on a global stage. By becoming a Youth Fellow, you’ll be able to be part of a growing, empowered community of inspiring young individuals from around the world!
What are the benefits?
- Being recognised as a LearningPlanet Youth Fellow.
- Connecting with fellow gamechangers online and at community events.
- Access to training sessions covering project development, entrepreneurship, intercultural communication and more
- Exposure via interviews and editorials
- Showcasing of your work at the global LearningPlanet Festival
- Participation in the annual online Youth Fellows Assembly
- Access to youth-focused opportunities emanating from LearningPlanet members and partners (circles, volunteering, internships, events etc)
Are you between 12 and 25 years old and feel inspired? We can’t wait to meet you!
Meet the youth COUNCIL!
The Youth Council was created four months after the birth of the Youth Empowerment Circle, with the goal of truly putting the leadership and strategic decisions of the Circle in the hands of the youth themselves. The Council is made up of young changemakers under the age of 25 from around the world, and is selected for one-year terms. They convene regularly to determine the best approaches and opportunities for the Circle to address topics such as youth rights, health and wellbeing, and education. Additionally, Council members have the unique opportunity to shape a growing community of youth organisations and policy-making institutions around the world, and to serve as ambassadors for the Circle at global events. With 20 members from and in 22 different countries, the new cohort of the Youth Council will be steering the direction of the Circle for the coming year.
WHAT THE YOUTH ARE SAYING
“No matter what age, young people are the mainstay of shouldering social responsibilities and promoting social development. Participating in the Youth Fellows community provides us, the younger generation, an opportunity to have our voice heard, and thus, make some changes.”
“This is a community of inspiring people all across the world. Everyone has a unique background, a unique skill to share and a willingness to learn from one another. This makes it the perfect place to showcase your work and talent and at the same time receiving support from others.”
“People should join the amazing community to be INSPIRED. I have encountered so many activists from around the world who work to create the most innovative, impactful solutions that I would have never thought of. I am thankful for this community for giving me the opportunity to collaborate with incredible, diligent people and to learn from them.”
“The Youth Fellows community is hands down one of the best young-people safe spaces you will ever find. There is no judgment here, there is no fear here and best of all, you get motivated to hack all the projects!”
Celebrating 1 year of
(Re)discover the youth community’s achievements throughout the past year