The LearningPlanet Youth Empowerment Assembly brought together youth participants and organisations from the Youth Empowerment Circle to hear the reflections and advice of the Youth Council after one year of project-based advising as youth decision-makers.
Welcoming the new Youth Council for 2022 – 2023!
With 20 members from and in 22 different countries, the new cohort of the Youth Council will be steering the direction of the Circle for the coming year.
What else happened during the Assembly?
- During this session, we heard the Youth Council present their advice, which can be seen here. The platform was given to the Youth Council themselves, who outlined guidance for the new Council, the Circle, Partner Organizations, and the Youth Fellows.
- Space was given for Youth Council Members, Youth Fellows, and Partner Organizations to connect together on our future ambitions for the Circle
- We saw an evolution of ideas on the future of the Circle since the 1-year celebration of the YEC – check out our Jamboard of ideas here.
- The Assembly was also a perfect opportunity to showcase the new 2022 – 2023 Youth Council, members who applied and came from our Youth Fellows!
- A lot has happened since the International Youth Council began – the explosion of youth initiatives as part of the LearningPlanet Circle. Discover its progress here.
How can you get involved?
- Become a YEC Mentor: Are you a Youth Fellow interested in sharing your experiences and supporting the development of youth-led initiatives within the Circle? Become a YEC Mentor! Mentors would be connected to youth-led initiatives in which they have expertise.
- Read more and apply here to become a YEC Mentor.
- Join the Youth Media Lab: LearningPlanet is pleased to present the LearningPlanet Youth Media Lab! This new project uses digital and audiovisual storytelling to amplify Youth voices – to build and animate a youth-driven media platform that covers the pressing issues of today to which youth want answers. If you are interested in applying, read more about the project here – you can register to join the Circle at the bottom of the document.
- Collaborate with us during the LearningPlanet Festival in January: The LearningPlanet Festival is happening this January 23rd – January 28th 2023! With over 400 events, 250 partner organizations, and 20,000 participants the year prior, LearningPlanet would love your participation at the Festival this year to make it even better than the year prior!